Registration Status: Pending

Objective: VUMC-CHTN is primarily funded by the National Cancer Institute as a human surgical and autopsy remnant tissue procurement facility. Federal funds support less than 25% of operational costs with the other 75% of costs being recouped via services. The biorepository operates under a waiver of consent and also consents participants for use of remnant tissue and biofluid collection. Academic and commercial investigators with R&D protocols are encouraged to apply. We are not subsidized to support clinical trials.

Registered Biobank Name CHTN VUMC
Biobank Leader Kerry Wiles
Country Canada
Email for biobank inquiries
Principal Investigator Dr. Mary Kay Washington
User Type
  • Mono: A biobank that supports a specific research project, may have few staff members, a small-scale accrual scope with little to no initial intention of releasing or distributing biospecimens to secondary parties
  • Oligo: A biobank that supports several research groups or clinical trials, may or may not be designed to release biospecimens outside their collaborative group
  • Poly: A biobank that has generally a larger accrual scope, resources, and multiple users outside the biobank proper
Biospecimen Collected: